One of the most common questions we get from customers is “How much is waterproofing my basement going to cost?”. Since the answer depends so heavily on each unique basement waterproofing need, it is a hard question to answer. Nevertheless, we will try to spell it out for you in different examples so you have a better understanding of our services and the costs associated with basement waterproofing.
Schedule an Estimate TodayOver the years, we have learned the importance of basement waterproofing estimates . To ensure we provide the best service and most accurate price, it is imperative that the situation is assessed by one of our professional estimators before our company begins work on your house.
Please note that the numbers below represent only a small sample of actual basement waterproofing costs, and can vary quite a bit higher or lower than the numbers shown, depending on many factors (year and location of residence, amount of recent rain, finished/unfinished basement, etc.). An estimate from us is the best way to know what the work will cost.
How much does basement waterproofing cost? Here are some examples of typical basement flood/leaky problems we encounter:
Basement Flooding Example #1
- Example #1:
- Type of Home: Residential rambler with walkout basement
- Location: In an area of frequent flooding
- Year Built: Late 1980’s
- Notes: Has a foundation that is in sandy soil. Owner has been experiencing basement flooding that is destroying their drywall and leaking under their carpet.
- Cost for Example #1:
- Water was found to be leaking through the cinder block foundation wall, as high as waist level. Damaged drywall was removed as well as all carpet.
- Waterproofing Method: UG-18 Drain Tile System
- Time to complete: 3 days
Basement Flooding Example #2
- Example #2:
- Type of Home: Residential split-level
- Location: In an established neighborhood
- Year Built: Late 1990’s
- Notes: No gutters installed on house. Owner noticed a moldy smell as well as damp carpet around the parameter of the basement.
- Cost for Example #1:
- Water was found to be leaking through only the base of the cinder block foundation wall, likely from poor drainage of rain water off of the roof. Damaged carpet and floor trim was removed.
- Waterproofing Method: Baseboard Waterproofing Method
- Time to complete: 1 day
Schedule an Estimate TodayWe hope this information is helpful to you as you consider the cost of waterproofing your basement. Remember, to ensure the best service and most accurate price from Basement Water Controlled, it is imperative that your particular situation is assessed by one of our professional estimators before our company begins work on your house.